Here is one more story told by our salesman Gunter about how he traveled to Sarir, Libya and successfully installed our wastewater treatment ClearFox® containerized system there.
The existing sewage plant in Sarir was old and a new system was needed, which resulted in the replacement with a ClearFox® containerized plant at a new location.
Sarir is a worker town for Oil workers, erected by the Arabian Gulf Oil Company which in turn belongs to the National Oil Cooperation, one of the largest Oil and Gas companies in the world. The location of Sarir is remote, being in the Sahara desert and 650 km south of Bengasi and about 40 minutes drive (by 4×4 as no real roads are available) ,south of the Messla Oilfield, where the airfield is. As we had already installed a similar waste water treatment plant at Messla, we knew what the conditions would be like.
The first day
was spent checking the foundation, which had to be modified to ensure that all the containers were level. This proved to be no easy task and setting up the containers consumed day one.
Then day two
was spent connecting the containers according to the site plans. The buffer tanks were interconnected and then the flow piping to the FBR tanks and to the clarifier was made.
was spent connecting the outflow of clearwater past the chlorine dosing station to the main holding tank and from this tank back into the technical container to the sandfilter, UV disinfection and carbon filters to the outflow valve, which is to be used for filling trucks, from which the water would be used for irrigation and “making the dessert green”.
was used for doing the electrical connections and setting up the piping from the source to the screen.
On the fifth day
we set up the screen on the top of the container system and modified the solid removal pipe to the solid waste bin. This was found necessary, due to the extreme winds that come from different directions all the time and of course the renown sandstorms that plague the dessert. The inflow from the screen to the buffer was installed and also the overflow piping, should blockages occur with solids in the screen
The sixth day
was spent attaching the dome shafts and doing the foam piping connections, as well as setting up the visual and acoustic alarms outside the plant.
On the seventh day
we did the connections for the blowers to the aerated buffer and the Fixed Bed Bio Reactor and set up the blowers in the tech room. We then installed the level sensors and partly filled the system with freshwater to start up the blowers and testing the system functions. After being satisfied that everything was functioning, the system was completely filled with freshwater and a check was made for possible leakages, whereafter the system was left to run overnight as a test run.
The eighth day
was spent testing the system and setting it to auto mode. Minor adjustments were made to facilitate the Biological growth in the FBR Reactors and aeration control. As all was functioning, the system was then connected to the Inflow sewage tanks and the wastewater treatment was started in auto mode.
On day nine
the system operators were instructed with the operation of the system and the official commissioning and handing over of the WWTP was done.