Logistics company renting out reusable transport packaging in the food industry. Used packaging goes through a qualified cleaning process in order to return the packaging or the transport support material as reusable ware back to the commerce cycle.
The cleaning process produces mainly highly concentrated organic compounds.
The wastewater treatment solution should be treated biologically/chemically in order to pass it into the public sewage system according to valid discharge parameters. We had the task to develop a corresponding concept for wastewater treatment. The following tasks of a wastewater treatment plant had to be implemented.
- Homogenisation and blending of the blending and compensation tank, including checking of filling level.
- Chemical splitting of dissolved and hard fats and surfactants of the cleaning wastewater with coagulation aid and chemical decomposition products which are fed in precise doses in fully automated cycles into pressure release flotation.
- Sludge dewatering and conditioning of the produced flotation sludge with corresponding storage capacity.
- Storage site for chemicals corresponding to the provisions.
The company PPU has developed an industrial wastewater treatment solution with sludge treatment in order to reduce the pollutant loading on the local municipal sewage treatment plant.
An aerated blending and compensation tank – in which the daily wastewater flows from the cleaning process was buffered and temporarily stored – was installed . This adapted tank aeration guarantees the homogenisation, i.e. optimal blending of the wastewater.Upstream of this tank is a manual screen which prevents any other plant component from clogging or being damaged by particles >3mm in size. Water levels are measured and forwarded constantly to the control unit.
Corresponding to the wastewater flow, the mixed wastewater is pumped in cycles from the tank with low-wear raw wastewater pumps and led to the flotation reactor. The separation of the pollutants in the wastewater is accomplished here by adding dosing chemicals.
By adding a coagulation aid, floating and separation of the floatable material is achieved. This is removed from the tank with a separate sludge pump and pumped into the sludge dewatering container dimensioned for that purpose. The flotation sludge is dewatered and conditioned there over the time due to gravity.
This separated water is finally removed in a controlled manner. The thickened sludge in the waste water containers can finally be collected by a dump truck and disposed of. In order to guarantee a long-term supply of the flotation with the decomposition chemicals, we designed a suitable chemical storage for IBCs.
This way the chemical storage can guarantee a permanent supply of chemicals and meet the strictest provisions of safety regulations. Produced odors are led via the integrated ventilation system of the waste water container plant into the sewage system. Therefore, there is no nuisance due to bad odours on the customer’s premises.
CFC-F 5 → Container – DAF with chemical container
CFC-SD → Container – Sludge dewatering double system with transportable sludge container vehicles
- Cost-efficient realisation due to container construction
- Optimised outlet parameters, guaranteed to meet the municipal outlet criteria
- Compact, mobile and stand-alone container solution
- Simple and time-saving operation and/or maintenance requirement